Monday 22 March 2010

The Wizard of Oz


For this collaborative project me, Elaine and Jasmine have decided to look at the wizard of oz for the theme, we have been working towards making our own version of oz which we could animate. we decided that we should each had a few senses and characters to make. I chose to make the lion, winged monkey and Toto, for my previous projects I have made animals out of fabrics, I am going to continue working with fabrics but i will try using different fabrics to see what works best.

This was my first attempt at making a lion this lion was too small and it need wire in its legs to help it stand up.



I tried out a couple of different manes be for I decided to give the lion the big dark brown mane I also tried out fur and yarn.


The finished lion


TOTO



Before making Toto i saw a Scotty dog and I loved the shape of them and I also thought he would be perfect for Toto I like the frayed material it gives him a sense of been furry.







I also tried out a different shape of a dog but I much preferred the Scotty dog as it is a more prominent shape.



The Toto in the book is a black little dog, but I also tryed out different colours such as this red Toto but I still used the found materials, I experimented with different coloured stich on to the different fabrics, I like red thred on to the black Toto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment